- Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water.
- While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water: Argentina (19%), Guatemala (13%), Panama (15%), Papa New Guinea (6%), Peru (2%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), South Korea (6%), the United Kingdom (11%), and Vietnam (4%).
- Only 11 countries in the world have more than 50% of their population drinking fluoridated water: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Israel (70%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%).
- In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
- There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined.
View original post 28 more words